Due to the constantly evolving cloud industry today, you might have a difficult time choosing between cloud hosting or dedicated server. If you are stuck in this scenario, it is best to fully understand what each has to offer and their drawbacks so that you can choose the right one that best suits your needs. Depending on your decision, whether to choose cloud hosting service or dedicated server hosting, selecting a reputable and reliable provider is important.
Overview on cloud hosting
As the latest hosting solution, cloud hosting created a big buzz in the market. Even though cloud hosting is still new, it has a big potential of becoming the best data storage solution and hosting in the future. With cloud hosting, the server is basically outsourced and operated on virtualized software. There are several data centers that are operational on servers in the virtualized environment. For the end users, cloud hosting appears like a dedicated server yet they actually run on several servers. Understandably, it is similar to a dedicated server but the user is not aware what hardware the server is currently running on.
A close look on dedicated servers
The dedicated servers are considered the customary, dependable and the preferred hosting option for dynamic websites, web applications and many more. It follows a simple protocol in which the user purchases or leases a server from a particular provider and pays the monthly costs. The price of a basic server varies and it usually goes up depending on the included features. Once you purchase one, there is a set-up time required for the installation before it is operational.
Benefits of using dedicated servers
For sites that receive a lot of traffic, dedicated server hosting is definitely the best option. There are a number of benefits that you will gain once you will switch to this hosting.
- Reliability is offered since you do not share your server with others. It simply means that all the resources of the server are dedicated to your site. You also have full control on the resources, thus making it possible to increase your uptime.
- Administrative access is provided which allows you to perform customized configurations and installation of programs.
- Improved technical support is provided in case of troubleshooting issues, server settings and other issues on the functionality of your site.
- A dedicated server hosting plan will surely benefit websites that receive a lot of traffic on a daily basis. This hosting option offers better performance than the shared hosting plans.
Advantages of cloud hosting service
Cloud hosting has its own share of advantages that makes it attractive.
- You can modify the server software based on your needs including the operating system kernel.
- Security and stability is provided since other users cannot affect your site and if one server malfunctions, resources are drawn from other available servers.
- At an affordable price, cloud hosting can provide you with more resources than other hosting options.
- Scalability is another appealing feature of cloud hosting since you can easily add upgrades.
- With the advantages discussed, it simply shows that cloud hosting gained more users that the dedicated server hosting.
Performance of cloud hosting and dedicated servers
Based on the performance, both cloud hosting and dedicated servers are strikingly similar. Just remember that dedicated servers are as fast just like their cloud counterparts. Nevertheless, with the dedicated servers, it is normal to experience the slowing down of the computer over a span of time due to a number of unwanted program files and temp files running on the server. This is also the same even with cloud hosting but you have the option to clean up the machine without causing any disruption.