Creating your own website may not be simple as it may seem. To be satisfied with your site, you have to consider number of things. The most important thing you need to establish first is your personal preferences as a client. Establish first what you intend to do with your website and how much money are you willing to spare for the cost of setting up your own site. These are just some of the things you need to consider before you get on to the more technical part in creating a website.
In the process of making your website fully functional, you will come to a point wherein you have to decide what type of hosting provider you would want to take care of your site. This is a must so that your website will become accessible and be viewed by other computers around the world via the internet.
The rest of this article will guide you through one of the most reliable web hosting available online, the single processor dedicated servers. It is a type of web hosting online that make used of a single core or processor.
Let’s first have some simple definition of terms for us to understand better what this type of hosting service has to offer.
What is a single processor?
As the name implies, it is a processor that contains only one core. Basically, it can only start one operation at a time and not able to multi- task but is not always the case. There are also some instances where it allows you to do things simultaneously.
What is dedicated server?
A dedicated server, sometimes called dedicated hosting service or managed hosting service, is a type of web hosting wherein the client rents the entire server to himself. It’s the complete opposite of shared hosting in which the server is shared among many clients or users.
What are the advantages of a dedicated server?
When you choose dedicated server as hosting provider, here’s what you can expect:
- Complete control over the server since you don’t share it with other clients. All of the resources coming from the server are intended to keep your site up and running.
- If offers unlimited amount when it comes to server’s resources like the memory and CPU. This would mean exceptional disk space capacity and bandwidth.
- It also gives you access to the server administration. In this way, you will be able to view and monitor your website’s usage and consumptions that may affect your site’s performance. Also, it makes it easier for you to identify potential issues and correct them before they cause some damage to your site.
- It is more flexible since it allows you to download programs and applications for your website unlike in shared hosting where the disk space is limited.
- It offers certain degree of protection and security since you have the server all to yourself.
- It’s relatively faster and more reliable than shared type of hosting.
Single processor dedicated servers are suitable for?
No matter how dependable dedicated servers can be, the medium that is used by the host will greatly influence the overall hosting performance. Since this type of web hosting utilizes one single processor then it may only be suitable for:
- Average computer users who wish to have their own server to themselves.
- Companies or organizations that don’t have intensive databases but just want to have a secured and reliable host for their website.
- Clients who just want to have their simple websites be available online with a flexible and reliable host.