I bet you’ve noticed BlueHost is incredibly popular.
Their logo is straight up plastered all over the web -not just on hosting review sites like mine here…
You can find BlueHost recommended by…
- famous bloggers like Patt Flynn at SPI
- the official WordPress.org website’s list of recommended hosts
- countless web hosting reviews
- web developers
- web designers
- customers themselves referring friends
It’s no surprise they offer one of the best platforms to bring your idea to life.
I’ll go into history and an in-depth review later on this page. However, here are my top notes for you to skim through:
- Bluehost starts at $3.95/month for their shared hosting plan. You can use this hosting plan to start a blog, make a business website, set up an online store, and much more.
- For each website you want to make, you can choose to use their drag-and-drop website builder, but you’re not stuck using only that. You can use their 1-click WordPress setup and have a blog or online store up in just a few minutes.
A BlueHost package offers a Free Domain and a Free Site Builder aside from a special offer for WPBeginner users. This hosting package is served in a first-class network infrastructure equipped with modern quad processor servers, Uninterruptible Power Supply / Diesel Backup Generator and mirrored storage backups.
Their network is manned and monitored 24/7by a highly trained and experienced staff and its internet connectivity is provided by an OC-48 backbone connection. Its hosting features ensures reliability, security, performance and customer service, all for an exceptional low price of $3.95 a month.
It is a highly technical company which customized Linux kernel specifically for shared web hosting, optimizing its performance, enhancing its security features and restricting the overuse of its resources. This is the same company that developed SimpleScripts in 2008.
What Hosting Plans Does BlueHost Offer?
BlueHosts Shared Hosting Plan is designed to support customers with various hosting concerns like high class technology, website scripts, eCommerce, database concerns, site promotion and multimedia requirements. For a relatively low priced package, it offers a lot of feature:
- Unllimited disk storage
- Unlimited Hosting Space
- Unlimited File transfer
- Unlimited email accounts
- cPanel Account Control panel
- Free Domain for 1 year
- Customizable Error Pages
- Free Site Builder including templates
- SSH, SSL, FTP and Stats
- PHP 5 support
- CGI, RoR, Perl, PHP and MySQL
- Flash and Shockwave support
- DHTML support
- Free Google Credit worth $75
- Network Uptime Guarantee
Here’s a more concise summary of what you get:
- Shared Server – Their shared server runs the CentOS 64-bit Linux and is placed on a quad core Intel Xeon 1.86GHz CPU which is considered impressive for a low priced shared hosting account.
- Control Panel – Bluehost, like other hosting providers provides subscribers with the industry standard cPanel for the administration of their websites. It is easy to navigate and provides access to your needed configurations. Plus, BlueHost also offers a web-based file manager Page Wizard which allows for the creation of professional looking sites for a minimum amount of effort and time.
- Scripting Support – Bluehost provides Fantastico script support which allows the installation and upgrade of dozens of software packages with ease. This includes packages for blogging, content management system, forums, picture galleries and online surveys and polls. It also offers support for standard scripting languages including PHP4, PHP5, Perl , Ruby, CGI and Python.
- Reliability – BlueHost guarantees a 99% uptime reliability which is ensured by their Uninterruptible Power Supply / Diesel Backup Generator and 24/7 monitoring by highly trained and experienced staff.
- Technical Support – Bluehost offers subscribers a number of choices, first comes the online help center as a quick and easy way to solve problems with their knowledge batabase feature. Another choice is the 24x 7 live technical support through a phone conversation with a real live human.
Is BlueHost a good choice for a hosting provider?
The hosting package and the features that BlueHost offers together with their experience, trustworthiness, reliability and technical support makes BlueHost one of the better choices when it comes to choosing a web host that can provide for your hosting needs within your budget.