What are Shared Hosting Plans?
There are a lot of web hosting plans and one of these is the Shared Hosting Plan. This type of web hosting is where many websites share the same server.
When you are still starting on your business online, this is the one recommended for you. You can save a lot when you use this type of service since you share resources along with hundreds of website owners. The resources that you share often include but are not limited to computer processor, hosting bandwidth, maintenance and memory. The cost of these resources is spread out to the users in a server which makes this type of hosting the most economical way to start your website.
Features of competitive Shared Hosting Plans
In the emergent of shared hosting, different providers have continuously upgraded their services and incorporated a lot of features to their servers. They have efficiently added features that will give a positive note on the drawbacks of shared hosting plans. Below are some of the features that shared hosting servers offer:
- Unlimited disk space and bandwidth
- Flexible and easy to use control panel
- Unlimited sub domains, email accounts and FTP accounts
- Free search engine submission
- Free marketing package
- 24/7 monitoring
- Unlimited Add-on and parked domains
- Free SSH Access
- Instant setup
Benefits of Shared Hosting Plans
Subscribing to a shared hosting provider has its advantages. Listed below are the benefits derived when using Shared Hosting:
- Lighter price or cost-effective price
Pricing is the common deciding factor for buyers which makes this perhaps the greatest advantage that buyers will have in choosing shared hosting plans.
- Speedy set-up
Shared hosting plans can be set-up immediately and you can go live within 24 hours of buying the services.
- Efficient for small websites
- No need to perform technical maintenance
A user-friendly web based Control Panel is provided by all shared hosting companies. This way the client can easily upload his website, create a database and email accounts. In shared hosting, someone else is taking care of server maintenance that is why this is the choice of smaller websites.
- You can ask for extra space.
- You can install all kinds of software.
Drawbacks of Shared Hosting Plans
The following are the disadvantages of shared hosting plans:
- Limited resources
There is a sharing of a common server in shared hosting plans. This means that clients are sharing resources on a server. Consequently, every client has some restrictions on his service.
- Stability problems
Your website performance is affected by the other websites since you are using a common server
- Greater security risk issues
There is a greater probability that you are exposed to security risks since there are a number of websites on the same server. Sharing a common server with a website that has been hacked also poses a threat on your online website.
- Not suitable for a large scale business
- Configuration of firewall settings for certain applications
- Limits you on the operating system you can run on the server
Who offers shared hosting plans?
Typically almost all of the hosting companies today offer shared hosting plans. Shared hosting is the most prevalent among the different types of hosting today. In the USA alone, there are thousands of companies offering this service and many more in the other parts of the world.
What is the cost of Shared Hosting Plans?
Shared hosting package comes at a relatively cheap price. Prices could range from 3 USD up to 10 USD per month. These prices could even be lower since there are a lot of competitive companies out there constantly attracting the market by lowering their initial prices. Although there are a lot of providers that offer low prices, this should not be your main criteria when making up your mind which services to buy.
- How do I upload my website?
- How do I point my domain name with my hosting account?
- SSI (Server Side Includes) Support
- PERL/CGI Script Support
- PHP Support
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Shared Hosting Plans
- Typical Security Concerns in Shared Hosting
- Java, Shockwave and Flash support
- Databases on shared hosting plans
- ColdFusion Support